Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2010

A Celebration for Melanie!

Melanie Muenchinger is celebrating two years, 700 post and 25 stamp sets for Stamp TV. Her blog, Hands, Head and Heart, is full of wonderful ideas. She is a designer/illustrator and Senior Design Team Member for Gina K Designs. Melanie has several prizes and you can check them out here. She is offering prizes. One way to win a prize is to make a card with your favorites set that she has created. My favorite set is A Year of Flowers. I love all the sentiments and the beautiful flowers. This set can be used in many ways for many occasions. You have until Monday 1/4 at 10:00PM CST to join in on the fun.
This rose is for Melanie. The sentiment says, "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses." -Abraham Lincoln- I love that saying. It really is all about how we chose to look at things. I forget to often to rejoice in the good and focus on the thorns. That is why I love this stamp set. Just this one sentiment means so much to me.
Congratulations Melanie!

11 comments:

Kim Marie said...

Oh, Linda!
This card is super pretty and I love the Lincoln quote! A great sketch, too!
Kim Marie

Melanie said...

I'm afraid maybe my comment didn't save, thank you for sharing how that quote touches your heart, mine too! this card is beautiful!

Danni said...

This is just gorgeous! Love it!

Stef H said...

oh my sweet friend.... i remember when you were asking me all sorts of questions and now look at you! you totally SHINE! you creations are gorgeous and your blog is one of my favorites. i'm so proud of you!

hugs,

Sarah said...

Gorgeous Linda!!! Beautiful rose. Thanks for the sweet comments you leave on my blog!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Oooh! That rose is gorgeous, love how you shaded around it, too.

joy said...

What pretty colors, this is a wonderful card -- to give or to receive from someone special

Wordbird said...

Linda...beautiful card! One of my favorite stamps! I too love this quote....it's a good one to start the new year with! ;D Diana

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Stunning coloring.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Lagene said...

Beautiful rose & I love the swirls!

Donna said...

Beautiful rose! Great coloring.