Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

LESSology Challenge #15


Hi Everyone, I am so excited about sharing my creations for this challenge. I had so much fun putting it together. The challenge is called The Bookend Challenge.

I started with a few things I found in my collection of "Interesting Things I Just Have to Have."

There is an old domino box, an old wood and metal stamp, two old metal jelly molds and some pieces of pine.
Then I painted, drilled, glued and this is how it turned out.
Most of the wood is painted black and covered with Graphic 45 paper.
 I made one of the jelly molds into a pin cushion and the other one is to hold teasures.
 I added old buttons, dominos, a broken zipper, bobbins, a lock, a key and even some lace.

The video shows how I created my bookends. There is a hidden box and some tricks to keep your bookends in place.  I hope you will be inspired to create some of your own and join in our challenge here at LESSology. I am so excited about sharing my creations for this challenge. I had so much fun putting it together.


I hope you will be inspired to create some of your own and join in our challenge this month at LESSology.



Thanks for stopping,

15 comments:

~amy~ said...

Wonderful idea! Love them!

Sharon said...

WOW WOW WOW what amazing bookends - Linda these are just fantastic!!! Very very inspirational!!

LeAnne said...

OH. MY. GOSH!!! This is fabulous! I have tons of those little jello molds.....and look what a fun, crafty, creation you ended up with! I could NEVER do that!

Laurel said...

This is just so amazing!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I am in LOVE!!! SERIOUSLY in love!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee every little detail on these!! The pin cushion, the cork pieces... just everything is PERFECTION!!!!!!!!!

Kate said...

OMG and Wow! That is absolutely Gorgeous my friend. Love all the elements and details you put in it.

Awesome work.

Hugs,
Kate

Melissa Craig said...

Oh my goodness - these bookends are the coolest things ever! How every clever of you.

I look forward to working with you on Raisin Boat as well!

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Linda this is magnificent, wow, wow, wow, what a brilliant transformation the design and detail look amazing, you are so creative.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Karen said...

Hi Linda. Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to working with you!

yyam said...

What an amazing project Linda! Soooooo clever! :)

Dawnll said...

Oh my word girl this is amazing!!! I would so love to put this on my shelf with my favorite craft books...you are so creative sweetie.Sorry I haven't been around as much, I went back to work full time many weeks ago and just trying to keep up with everything.
Hugs to you

Jane Wetzel said...

WOWZERS LINDA! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this very cool creation! Very inspiring and this might be my fav of yours :)

Angi Barrs said...

Wowza Linda! You have outdone yourself. This is such a faaaaaabulous project!

berlykim37 said...

Linda this is so cool...thanks for sharing it with us...wow i really like it...nice job..xoxo

Jessica Beare said...

LOVE it!! So nice to meet the RB DT girls!! What a talented bunch of ladies!!