Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

iCopic Lover

 I do love my Copic markers. I am still learning how to use them. Shading and highlighting is till a struggle for me but I love trying. I found a blog that is new to me called iCopic Lover and they have challenges. This week the challenge is to use orange, brown, and yellow. Great fall colors.
I decided to make another card with Lori's Grandparent's stamp and only use the man and the cat this time. They are great stamps to color with Copic markers.
I thought this would be another great card to put in my box for OWH. I used SU card stock.  
I stamped Daffodil Delight with a maple leaf stamp from River City Rubber Works. I got it at the Bakers Wife in Minocqua, the last time I was there.  I stamped it with Daffodile Delight and Pumpkin Pie ink. I love the way it made a nice background. I layered that on Soft Suede and the base card is Pumpkin Pie. The "hello there!" is from a SU set called Cheep Talk.
I colored this at the hospital while I was waiting for my father-in-law. That poor guy is 94 and has to go to the hospital to have fluid drained off his lungs every four or five weeks. He really was having a hard time breathing. He is feeling better now. I take coloring with me to do because it is so relaxing.  I took every yellow, orange and brown Copic marker I have. I should have written down what I used but I didn't. Sorry.  
I just love using my Copic markers. They are a  very big investment but worth every penny. The prize for this challenge is 7 Copic Ciao markers.  

Wish me luck!

Thanks for stopping,

3 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Linda another great card using that fun digi image by Lori Boyd. I just might have to check out that blog.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how sweet!! Love the image and the leaf background. Such a fun fall creation!

ThePurplePlace said...

What a sweet card! I recognize it was one of Lori's images right away! I actually LOVE them and am a fan! I own several of the lollipop kids!

I also took part in this challenge and actually won it the last time. It's a random drawing from all the entries, so anyone can win! GOOD LUCK!

Lisa

PS: I am also a huge Copic Fan and LOVE coloring with them. I started over a year ago and finally completed my collection. Now I am buying my refills and I do shop at iCopic too! :)