Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Stamp Scrap Doodle Saturday 9/25

Happy Saturday,
I am up at the cabin enjoying the beautiful fall colors in the rain. Oh well today the sun is suppose to shine and it will be beautiful.

This week we have a fun challenge for you. We want to see stitching on your cards. Real or faux will do. I hauled out my sewing machine for this card. It took me a hour to try to fill the bobbin with clear thread. I read about it and thought it was a great idea so you don't have to keep changing thread. I think I bought the wrong stuff. It went all over and kept breaking. Anyway when I got it threaded I had fun going around the edge and then I had to go around some of the circles. It reminded me of home economics in junior high. Didn't you sew on paper first?

Our sponsor this week ia Paper Cupcakes and you can win two digis of your choice.

 
The image is cut from B is for Boy. I have wanted to use My Pink Stamper More Punny-licious stamps. 

I found this cute snail and thought he would be perfect with this "Snail Mail" stamp.
I have been reading how wonderful My Pink Stamper's stamps are and I thought OK stamps are stamps, BUT they really are wonderful. They make a nice clean and clear impression. You really have to try them to know what I mean. Plus Robyn has so many perfect little sayings that fit many cards. They are just what I need to put the finishing touches on my cards. 

I hope you will join us. Remember to link you card and all you have to do is draw stitches on your card if you don't sew.

Thanks for stopping,

5 comments:

Robyn said...

What an adorable card!! Thank you so much for spotlighting my stamps and for the great review!!

Hugs,
Robyn

Dawnll said...

Linda how sweet a card , can't believe a snail(slug) is adorable...lol
Nice to see how you are doing, hope you are enjoying retirement.

Stef H said...

hey girl! i'm sorry i haven't been around either - and yes. i said you'll wonder how you ever had a job. me? i have no time to visit anyone anymore - so the best way to get me here.... LEAVE A COMMENT. i visit EVERYONE who comments.

hope you are well. i see your work is just getting better & better - and more & more beautiful.

hugs & smiles and i do miss you.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a fun snail. You pieced it so well. I think the stitching adds a great accent to your card - especially around the cirlce elements on the patterned paper.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Linda this is fabulous I so love the colours of those papers and that snail looks awesome.
Hugs
Lorraine x