Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

By LORi Designs Challenge #3

It is time for another challenge at By LORi Designs. This week is  Color Challenge # 3.
Here are the yummy colors for this weeks challenge.
You don't have to use SU colors they are just mention as a guide line. 
I made two cards. I like them both but I just wasn't so sure about this first one for some reason. 
I just didn't think I use enough Early Expresso. This is Puddle Jumper -Winter Dana and Penny.  I used a brown for her boots, hair and Penny but it didn't show up to well. I even took this card to my sewing machine but I wasn't happy with that either. Oh well, Dana and Penny are adorable and you can't go wrong when you use them. I made this card during the dark and blowing snow storm Tuesday night.

Wednesday, when the sun came out I decided to give it another try.
This time I paired Puddle Jumper Harper with  Sugar Stick- Dog. The background shape was cut with my Circut using the "Just Because" cartridge. It's on page 55. I distressed the edges and inked them with Pretty in Pink. This time I used a stamp to make the stitching. It is from CTMH called Simple Stitches. The sentiment is also from By LORi Design Sugar Stick- Little Talk Sentiments. 
I inked it with Pretty in Pink and popped it up. 

So which one do you like?


Make sure to head over to the By LORI Designs blog to see the rest of the fabulous creations by the Design Team and get all the details of the challenge!!  If you have trouble finding it check the right side and click on Challenges.

I can't wait to see your fabulous creations!!



Thanks for stopping,


5 comments:

LeAnne said...

MMMM, these are yummy--like chocolate-covered cherries!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So adorable! Love the stitching!

Maria said...

I liked both but second is much more cut and sweet!!!

JustYolie said...

Both cards are adorable.

LORi said...

Sensational my friend!! Works of Art!!
Hugs -LORi