Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy Ground hog's Day!

Happy Ground hog's Day!
I told you I had a holiday card for you.  Ground hog's Day is a holiday if you are sick of winter and he doesn't see his shadow. Spring coming sooner is always something to celebrate. The tradition has it that if the groundhog sees its shadow on February 2nd. it will be frightened by it and will return to its burrow, indicating that there will be six more weeks of winter. If it does not see its shadow, then spring is on the way. So with all the snow today hopeful Mr Groundhog will not be frightened and spring will be on it way. You can read all about it here.  In Wisconsin we have Jimmy
This is my Jimmy. I know there is a little shadow in the picture but I don't think he sees it. LOL
I cut the groundhog with Create a Critter. I think he is suppose to be a hedge hog but if you look at the pictures of a groundhog this critter looks more like a groundhog.  The sentiment stamp is from SP and Company called Mix 'n' Match Holidays. This set is wonderful.  Take a look at all those holidays. Every thing you need in one set.


I used Mojo Monday's sketch 176. It just looked like a burrow to me. 
Have a happy, dark, no shadow day and stay safe if you are were it is snowing!
Thanks for stopping,

6 comments:

Glora said...

What a cutie! Happy groundhogs day to you too!

Angi Barrs said...

Awww super sweet. Happy Groundhog Day!

VICTORIA said...

So so cute Linda happy groundhog day to you. I made a card but the ground hog i got off of designer calender hes kinda ugly. I won a blogoversary (another one) yesterday. I posted what i won on my blog. Drop by and say hi Hugs Vicky

Unknown said...

This brought a big smile to my face!

Susan said...

What a grin-maker!

LeAnne said...

This is tooooo funny! I can't believe there is actually a stamp set that says "Happy Groundhog's Day"!!! Of course, we here in PA have the official groundhog, Punxatawny Phil. I do not think he saw his shadow today---at least not this morning! This is a cleverly created card!! The snow flakes add such a realistic touch!!!!