Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Patterned Embossing


I spent most of the day in bed or in a chair watching Stamp TV and craft room videos. My stomach is sore. I am not sure what is going on but I haven’t eaten and I am not hungry. I hope I feel better tomorrow. I am cooking a 22 lb. turkey. I did go to my craft room and try this weeks Gina K technique challenge. It is a new technique to me and I enjoyed giving it a try. I made a mess with my first try but I think this card turn out great. The technique is called Patterned Embossing. To find out how it works stop over to Stamp TV. I used another technique I learned and that is to use a gold leafing pen to edge. I love the way that looks. Can you see were I did that on my card?
Here are the Ingredients I Used:
Stamps: Gina K - Holiday Cheer and Holiday Greeting, Nina Brackett - Vintage Borders
Ink: Memento Rose Bud and Rocket Red, Versa Mark
Embossing: Surperfine Detail Gold Embossing Powder, Clear Embossing Powder and Cuttlebug Allegro Embossing folder
Paper: Gina K Pure Luxury Rocket Red and Ivory card stock
Other great stuff: Spellbinders Premium Craft Foil, Nestabilities and Nestabilities Fancy Tags, and my new favorite thing is a Krylon Gold Leafing Pen.
Thanks for stopping. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving

2 comments:

Holly Young said...

Very pretty card Linda! I love the music pattern coming through the deer and how you matched it up with dry embossed music background! Happy Thanksgiving to you and I hope you feel better tomorrow!

Dawnll said...

Nice card sweetie! Hope your better tomorrow so you can enjoy Thanksgiving, a blessed one for you and your family.