Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Scrapmaster Color Combo #59 and #60

Hello Everyone, Today is Monday and time for another Scrapmaster's Paradise Color Combo Challenge. Samantha had a tough week last week. Her grandmother got sick and the the color challenge totally slipped her mind. I can totally see how that could happen. 
To make up for it she is going to have TWO SPCC Challenges this week with Two chances for prizes. Yea!!!  Now I already posted my card for challenge #59 here
So I am going to post today's challenge which is Challenge #60.
Boy, do I love this color combo! I used them on Saturday's card too.
Here is my card:
This has to be one of my favorite cards. I love this stamp set Flight of the Butterfly by SU. The sentiment is perfect for my friend who is having a hard time thinking about school starting without me being there. It say, "If nothing ever changed there would be no butterflies." I am going in to help her on the first day and leave this card for her. She isn't a card maker and I know she doesn't read my blog. She would have to call about all my mistakes. And I love her for it! When she was a new teacher and I interviewed her I asked how she was a proof reading and she said she was so good it was almost a problem. Meaning she doesn't miss a thing. That was the reason I wanted her. I can't see written mistakes if they jump off the page. I read what I think is there and don't look or even see all the letters when I read. I have told you I am slightly dyslexic.

For the card I used:
Stamp: SU Flight of the Butterfly
Paper: SU card stock, Bashful Blue, Night of Navy, Daffodil Delight
Acc: SU Butterfly punch, Viva Decor Glitter Liner, SU Embosslits Beautiful Wings, SU Bashful Blue Ribbon, and CB Embossing Folder D'vine Swirl

I hope you are having a great Monday and that you will join us at SPCC this week.

Thanks for stopping,

5 comments:

Angi Barrs said...

Those butterflies are beautiful :)

Holly Young said...

Beautifully sweet card Linda. I love the color combination too. My daughter Chesney is like your friend - she spots every error!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I like how you made your butterlies with the different punches. Nice use of the color combo.

kindertchr01 said...

Love this card Linda! I think all of us will be missing having you in the building with us :(

Sarah L.

coldwaters2 said...

I can see why you love this card Linda the clean and simple style is wonderful the colours are perfect so are those butterflies.
Hugs
Lorraine x