Pages

Monday, August 3, 2009

Stamp TV Scrapbook Challenge 23

Each year I try to make a scrapbook of my class. This page is the last day of school June 10, 2009. We were celebrating all the books read by the children. I send 5 books home every day. The children can also read anything they have at home. This class recorded reading over 10,000 books. One student read 2,000. He is reading at a third grad level at the end of first grade. Reading every day really makes a difference.
I used a lot of stamp sets for this page. They all are from Gina K designs.
The quilt that I stamped and paper pieced is a brand new one called ‘Inspiration Mosaic’ by by Melanie Muenchinger. It made me think of books all piled on my table for the children to take home. It is a great stamp set.
The background and the bugs are from ‘Bug Me Anytime’ by Nina Brackett. I stamped it with Memento Summer Sky. I think the background stamp looks like fireworks.
The little stamps are from Happy Camper by Theresa Momber, and 100% Sweet by Rupa Shevde. I colored some of those images with Copic markers.
Thanks to Stamp TV I am working on scrapbook pages. The sketch is by Erika Martin. It was a fun sketch to follow.
Let me know what you think. Thanks for stopping.

5 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

I think this is gorgeous! wOW-that is a lot of reading! Super job!

Lovely Linda said...

Great page Linda and what a great subject - I love your colours...they are gorgeous! You have used the layout so well!! Thaks for sharing - it is always a pleasure ot visit. I have some Candy over at my Blog if you are interested!! Thanks for sharing! God bless you!

Patricia Garcia said...

Great page, great colors too Linda. Happy reading!

Caryl P said...

I only have 5 years of classes to do, but I really want to get going on a bit of scrapbooking with all those pics of 'my' kids. This is a beautiful layout.

From the teaching standpoint I love how you send books home. If you have any special method of recording reading I'd love to know!

Sarah said...

What a great idea and such a cool LO!