Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Stamp TV Technique Challenge 25 and Paper Take


The technique on Stamp TV this week is called ‘Watercolor Spritz.’ You use markers to color your stamp. Next you spritz it with water then stamp. You can watch Gina K and learn how to do it at Stamp TV.
The stamps I used are from the new Stamp TV kit called Signs of Autumn and Thanks A Million. Everything except the base card are from this kit. The base card is Gina K pure luxury soft sand. I used the watercolor spritz technique to stamp the rooster. I embossed the brown paper behind him with a cuttle bug embossing folder. I have been watching the videos at the Pink Stamper and learned how to use the centering button on my Cricut. I used that to cut the oval around the rooster. Then I just increased the oval size by 1/4 inch to make the yellow and brown oval. I sponged Memento Desert Sand ink around the rooster. The thank you was punched using two SU punches. I love the little brass brads that came in the kit. I think they look great. I am not so sure about the rooster. I stamped two. The colors on one were light and the other was very dark. This is the light one. I like the way the colors melt together when you use this technique.
This card is for two challenges Stamp TV Technique Challenge 25 and Paper Take Weekly - Four Season - I think this looks like fall.
Let me know what you think. Thanks for stopping and please leave a comment if you have time.

2 comments:

Stef H said...

this is lovely. you are so good at learning from gina k! way to go!!!!

hugs,

Dawny P said...

This is just so pretty - I love the image and those colours :) Thank you for joining us over at PTW. Hugs, Dawny xxxx