Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Gifts for My Students

It is getting so hard to get gifts for my students. I use to get them all a book. Now they all read at different levels and the level changes quickly. A library card is better than any book I can give them. I use to give them a new box of crayons but at the beginning of the year I ask the parents to send two boxes for the year. They are so much cheaper to buy then. Well all the children have a new box in their extra supply bag. Every year I have the children make gifts for their parents. So I decided it was the year for me to make gifts for the children. I used my Cricut and Plantin Schoolbook cartridge to cut personalized bookmarks. They can keep them at school to use in their anthology or take home. I also made them each a bag of magic reindeer food. The top of the bag says :
Magic Reindeer Food
Just a sprinkle on the lawn at night
The moon will make it sprinkle bright
As Santa’s reindeer fly & rome,
this treat will guide them to your home.

It is made with old fashion oat meal and red glitter.
I had fun making these gifts. I just hope the children like them. What do you think?

Have a wonderful weekend.