Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

One for JUGS And a New Challenge



I made this card for JUGS. I love the name of that blog Just Us Girls. What a great name but there are men who are hooked on the craft. One that is famous is Tim Holtz. The girls have some great things going on at their blog. The DT is made up of some very talented ladies.
This card was made using some of my favorite paper Cosemo Cricket paper called Mr. Campy Flannel. I love the colors. The edge or border on the left was cut from SU Very Vanilla with my Cricut and the Easter 2010 cartridge. Isn't that a cool border? I welded it together using my Gypsy so that it would fit the card. The ribbon is SU Riding Hood Red.the base card is dark brown. I used Nesties to cut the dark brown scallop circle. I paper piersed the the scallops to go with the stitching in the paper. Maybe I should use a white jell pen to make it show up. The tulip stamp is from the Angel Co. and was colored with Copic markers. I used SU Very Vanilla and another piece of DP for the inside.

I got one of those light boxes to take pictures in and I really don't think it is making much difference. The colors still are not showing up as nice as they really are. I still have a lot to learn.







There is a new blog challenge called Sir Stampalot Clallenge. Sir Stamplot is a monthly challenge and a new one will be announced on the first of every month. They are giving away Hero Arts goodie bags. To be in with a chance of winning all you have to do is:

1) Become a foll
ower of this new challenge blog

2) Link to Mr Linky before 23.30 GMT 14th March 2010.






Please let me know you were here and thanks for stopping,

10 comments:

Stef H said...

oh is this beautiful. i love that border and in white it's perfect!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous, Linda...I haven't done that sketch yet...it's on my "to-do" list!

Lisa Petrella said...

What a beautiful card! I was interested in your remarks about the light box for taking photos. I have been thinking about getting one of those too. I'm continuing to try different things to get better photos. Making a little bit of headway, but still not completely satisfied. Let me know if you find any tricks that work, and I'll do the same.
And thanks for the heads up about that new challenge! I always love Hero Arts stuff!!!

Kristin Eberline said...

This is so pretty! Love that gorgeous tulip and your punched border layer. I haven't seen that one yet!! Beautiful :]

Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

Vicki said...

Beautiful! Oh those colors are just so pretty...like how you did your inside as well...and an awesome border too hon!

HUGS
Vicki

Danni said...

Beautiful card!

Dana Gustafson said...

Ohh! A new punched border?!?! Love that! GReat colors on this card using the Mr Campy. Thanks so much for playing with the Just Us Girls sketch this week!

Karen B. said...

Really love the colors on this card, I haven't seen that paper in person but I think your colors came across just fine, so earthy feeling. Love your layout and mix of patterns.

Enfys said...

This is gorgeous, love the earthy tones and the punched border. Fabulous,
big hugs
Enfys x

Sarah said...

Fabulous Linda!!! this is just gorgeous.