Pages

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Unscripted and Color Throwdown

Today is opening day for trout fishing and hubby left at 4:30 AM. It was 16 degrees. He REALLY loves to fish. That gives me the day to make cards. Oh Happy Days. I have to wait until May for trout to eat. This is catch and release.
Ok on with the cards. I made this one for the Unscripted Sketches Challenge 48, Color Throwdown Challenge 82 and Crazy 4 Challenges which is paper piercing. The colors are Not Quite Navy which I used for the base, and Ruby Red which is on the right side. I embossed it with my Score Pal. The DP paper by Reminisce called Apple Orchard. The shamrock was cut with SU Old Olive and a Cricut cartridge called Paper Dolls. I used SU Teeny Tiny Wishes for the Happy St. Patricks Day. The hardware and twine are from SU. The inside was stamped with CTMH stamp set called So Lucky.
My mothers maiden name was Sheehan and my brother married a Quinn. You may be seeing more St. Patrick's Day cards because I do send them. Both of Mom's parents were Irish and St. Patrictics Day was always a big day. Who doesn't love a day all about green beer! I love the fact that it means it is almost spring and the weather will get better.
Do you celebrate St. Pats Day? How do you celebrate?



I hope you enjoyed my card today. I had fun making it. Hubby had a great day too. He caught lots of fish and had lots of stories to tell.

Thanks for stopping,

9 comments:

Danni said...

What a neat card! Very clever!

Unknown said...

Awesome! I never make St. Patrick's day cards, so I enjoy seeing the ones others make. Great take on this weeks sketch. Love the cut out clover on the front. Great to have you join US again this week!
Steph
Unscripted DT

Kelly said...

it is great to see a st. pats card not totally green (that can be overkill!!!LOL!) but great way to use so many mannies products to create such a fantastic card!

thanks for playing with US this week- kelly

dstandard said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!

Dawnll said...

Fun card sweetie! Yes I am still out here just been very busy and not posting and blogging as much as I use to.
Glad to see you are still crafting also.
I LOVE LOVE my tape gun, I have gotten at least 6 more people to but one this past month by showing how easy it is to use. I also have the 1/4 inch adaptor on mine and prefer that size and investment. Contact me if you have any questions.

Sarah said...

WOW Linda...this is an awesome US card!!! I love it..one of my favs of yours.

Broni said...

Great card! I love that big shamrock and the inside of the card too! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

Anonymous said...

Awesome card!

LeAnne said...

FUN!!! I am so glad your DH loves fishing so much, so you can have more time to stamp---this is such a cute card, it makes me smile!