Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Stamp, Scrap & Doodle My First DT Cards


Our challenge this week at Stamp, Scrap & Doodle Saturday is a sketch challenge by Carlie. I love all the parts. We would love to have you give it a try. I thought it was a fun challenge so I made a card right away. Then I found out we had a sponsor and I want to show the cute image they gave us to try.
The image is a digital image called Robbie Rabbit from Sunshine Stamps. They are our sponsor this week. I colored the image with Crayola Colored Pencils. Not so good but that was all I had at school. I was waiting for parents to show up and because coloring is so relaxing I thought it would be a good way to relax my brain between appointments. The base card is Certainly Celery from SU. I ran it through the Cuttlebug with the argyle embossing folder. The eggs were cut with my Cricut and the Easter 2010 cartridge. The Hoppy Easter was typed on the computer with text boxes. I paper pieced his basket and drew in eggs. I wanted this to be a masculine card but I couldn’t resist using some SU Dazzling Diamonds on the eggs.


















The second card is the card I made first. It follows the sketch much better but I made it before I know we had a sponsor. Be sure to check out Sunshine's Stamps and see all the cute images they have. I love the little trucks.
The image is a Penny Black called In the Garden. It is colored with copic markers. The stitches are a stamp from CTMH called Simple Stitches. The base paper is from SU Not Quite Navy and the DP is Cosmo Cricket Material Girl. The flowers are Maya Road Textured Knit Blooms. I just wasn't happy with the way it looked in the photo. It real is a cute card. The colors on both cards just didn't show up good in the photos and I used my photo box. I think I need more light.
To tell the truth I am not happy with these two cards. It might have to do with working a 50 hour week and still trying to do the other thing I love to do. I do love teaching but I also love making cards. I am on spring break now and hope to do a better job on the cards for this week.

Be sure to stop over to Stamp, Scrap & Doodle and give a try at the sketch. Oh, did I mention there are prizes. One participant will win 3 images of their choice from the Sunshine's Stamps store!

Have a great weekend.

Thanks for stopping,

5 comments:

Dawnll said...

Oh my goodness I think both of these cards are adorable.
We are always are worst critics.
Those images are really cute on both cards.

Kendra said...

Loved your eggs too! Funny how close ours came out huh?!

My Creative Time said...

Your card is ADORABLE!! I love it!!!
YES The GYPSY is the BEST!!!
hugs,
Emma:)

Stef H said...

oh linda! these are both fabulous! and your coloring is super!

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Both of your cards are so great! :)