Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

LESSology Birds of a Feather

Hi Everyone it is time for a new challenge at LESSology.
Our sponsor this month is Artful Delight. 
Artful Delight offer the latest and greatest paper crafting products packed together in one monthly kit.  The monthly kits are packed with a variety of pattern papers with coordinating cardstock and embellishments.  You may have your choice of a single monthly purchase or for a discount you can sign up for a 3 or 6 month subscription.  


They are also in the process of expanding their store to offer other fabulous products.  Currently they have a selection of Paper Smooches stamp sets and adhesive and they will be adding some Mister Huey's mists very soon. 

http://artfuldelight.blogspot.com/
http://www.artfuldelight.com/
The Challenge this month LESSology's is called Birds of a Feather Flock together. You can make a project that incorporates a bird or birdcage. It is really open to your interpretation. I created a bird house out of a bird house gourd.  
Here is my creations. Most of which was created by Nature.
I love to watch the birds and the Wrens that use these house are so much fun.  They have the prettiest song and they are very hard little workers.



I don't paint my birdhouse gourds because I like the way they look after they have been cleaned.  I don't really like the products you have to use on them. I am not sure it is good for the birds when it heats up inside their little home. I let nature do the painting. I put up a new one every year.

Here is the video of what I do to make a Wren house. 


I read that the male chooses several nesting cavities and places a few small twigs in each. Female inspects each, chooses one, and finishes the nest building. Whe will completely fill the nest cavity with uniformly small twigs, then line a small depression at the back of the cavity with pine needles and grass. They is a funny process to watch because sometime they can't get the twig throughout the hole. They try many times in different directions and approaches until they are successful. 

They did pick my birdhouse.




I hope you will join us this month you can link up your creations in LESSology Challenge #14: Birds of a Feather Flock together


Thanks for stopping,

7 comments:

ike said...

Oh, Linda .... how cool is that - they picked this just after you hung it up ????? Wonderful :-) Such sweet little birdies :-D :-D xxxx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is JUST AMAZING Linda!! WOW WOW WOW!!!! I love it!!! And how exciting that they chose to live there!!

Kate said...

Sweet. Great Job on this.

Hugs,
Kate

Angi Barrs said...

I looovvee this Linda. It's so fun that you included nature. Fab project.

coldwaters2 said...

Wowzer Linda this is awesome what a brilliant little house for the birds, truly wonderful work.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Lalo said...

Just had to pop on over from LESSology to say "I LOVE THIS". I'm part Hawaiian and culturally we use a lot of gourds. LOVE IT!!! and good call on the no paint.

June Houck said...

Yay for AD & LESSology! Great pairing, in my humble opinion. But I am a little biased...I so love Leeanne's Artful Delight kits.

The gourd bird house is wonderful, Linda!