Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Coloring Seam Binding



Hi Everyone, Today I dyed some seam binding and I made a video so you can see what I do.


Then I made a baby card using some.

I love the way it looks tie-dyed. The little pin I did by inking the head with Versa Mark and then dipped it in embossing powder and heated it up. I don't have many embossing powders so I mixed green and white to get this color. I will be looking for baby pins now too. I don't even think they sell them any more.
I am really on a baby card kick.  I hope that is a good thing for all you out there who want more children. I know how hard it can be when you want a baby and it just doesn't happen the way you think it should.

I used the colors for Colour Q challenge #82. The cuts are from New Arrivals. The sentiment is from SP & Company's "Ultimate Setiments I" stamp set.

If you have any questions just leave me a comment. I love comment. Thank you to all of you who leave them. I know how much time it can take when you visit lots of blogs.

Thanks for stopping and have a wonderful evening,

12 comments:

June Houck said...

Linda, your video was terrific. I hop that Max was supervising/directing; I did not see him on screen :)

Thanks again for the ribbon tutorial; fab idea!

Nati Tristan said...

Thank you for the tutorial! Wonderful!

VICTORIA said...

Great video Linda and I loved you funny written sayings. You crack me up so funny. Victoria :)

Dawnll said...

Girl your so funny!
My hands look much older then yours. I had an elderly person tell me once it is a sign of a person that has held many troubles for others.

I dress as well as you also- sometimes my combos are very unique. The mailman must think I am a bag person.
Love the tutorial especially the baking part- never thought of doing that.
blessings to you, Dawn ll

LeAnne said...

Can't wait to watch the video----the binding looks YUMMY! This card would work for the SCS challenge today, to do a boy-themed card...with that pretty blue, it would work. I'll keep my eyes open for baby pins---you're right, they're as extinct as dinosaurs!

LeAnne said...

The video was great! I never thought to just "cook" them on the cookie sheet. I put mine wet in a piece of aluminum foil, crumple it into a ball and bake it that way. I think yours is probably faster as mine is not always dry all the way when I take it out. I store mine wrapped up in a ball with a rubber band too, so they stay crinkly.

Anonymous said...

What an amazing idea!! And your video is soooo cute, I love it.

deanne
http://www.deannescreativejuice.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Love this idea!! Who would have thunk it? :o) I'll be giving it a try.

Magento Themes said...

This video was awesome Linda..This tutorial is very nice and giving more idea.This green with blue color combination is soft. Thanks for this great blog.

Tracy said...

Your card is adorable.
I am on a baby kick from all the things I am creating for my baby nephew.

coldwaters2 said...

This is fabulous Linda love that background and the little elephant this is one super card.
Hugs
Lorraine x

FlaCpnlover said...

Great video; would I would like some of the colored seam binding..would you like to trade something for some or do you sell it? PLMK

flacrafter on YT

Thanks Cassie