Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Spotlighting


I made this card using Stamp TV Technique - Spotlighting. I used Melanie Muechinger’s stamp set called A Year of Flowers. I stamped one poinsettia, masked it and stamped it two more times. I used the grid on my craft mat to help me line up the stamps when I stamp the flowers so I could repeat the same stamp pattern. The spotlighted image was cut with a CM circle cutter. I used a dubber with Memento Rich Cocoa. The card stock is Pure Luxury white from Gina K. The ink is SU Rose Red. Then I colored it with Copic markers. The base card is Pure Luxury white. The red and tartan are from a Christmas pack by DCWV. I used CM oval and circle cutting system to cut out the images. The red accent is EK Success Large Flourish Punch. I love this punch. A new challenge for me is Daring Card Makers. Their challenge is to use tartan somewhere on the card. I had to look up the word. I love it when I learn something new. Tartan is a woolen cloth woven with stripes crossing at right angles, worn by Scottish Highlanders. I should have know that. My dad was Scottish and was asked to wear a kilt. He refused. He was 6'2' and was afraid it would be to short. LOL!!
I am really happy with the way this card turn out. So let me know what you think.
Thanks for stopping!

7 comments:

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Just beautiful!!!! Your details are amazing!

coldwaters2 said...

Linda this is totally fabulous I love that technique it is really effective I think maybe I might try it.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Stef H said...

absotively, posilutely gorjuss!!!!!


hugs,

Holly Young said...

It's just a beautiful card Linda. I love the colors and the flourishes!

Lynda said...

Fabulous card love the technique you used and a great splash of tartan.

Love Lynda xxx

Anonymous said...

A very pretty tartan and a very pretty card. :)

Vanessa.

Kathy said...

Lovely card - fancy needing to look up the word Tartan even though you dad is Scottish, thanks for the chuckle that gave me!