Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

ColourQ #39

I keep missing the deadline for the ColourQ Challenge. So I thought I would get right to it this week. The colors are Brovo Burgundy, Real Red, Brocade Blue, Night of Navy, and White.


I have been looking through the new SU catalog and feeling guilty, as my list gets longer and longer, that I am not using what I already have enough. So I took out two of my SU punches, a big wheel and came up with a way to use them in this challenge. Can you tell what punches I used?

The hot air balloon was made by taking the Very Vintage jumbo wheel, Brovo Burgundy ink on some Real Red and punched out with the Extra-Large Ornament punch. I added half of a Curly Label punch for the basket. Then I added some black cord. The sky was made using Brocade Blue CS in a CB EF called Vine Swirls. I rubbed it with white ink. The clouds were cut with my Cricut and the cartridge called Paper Pups. I don't know were I got the "hi there" stamp. The ribbon is from SU.

I wanted a light color on the inside because the base card is Brovo Burgundy. I even used my SU boarder punch for on this.

There now the guilt is gone. Well almost.
Now were did I put that new cataloge?

Thanks for stopping,

7 comments:

Faye said...

Super adorable! Love the embossed background.

Sylvia said...

Linda, This is so fun!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a cute idea to use your punches to create something other than what they were meant to be.

Caryl P said...

I didn't even realize those were punches until you pointed it out. So crafty! I agree with you my wish list is getting bigger and my checking account smaller...but I can't buy anything until i get my mess cleaned up!

Holly Young said...

Great card Linda! Love how you used your punches!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how pretty Linda!! love how you incorporated the swirl embossing in your sky!! Beautiful colors and design!!

LeAnne said...

Very cute, Linda....that embossing folder is perfect for this windy sky! Cute idea!