Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My Parents


This card is one I made in a card class back in March. The ferris wheel reminds me of my Dad. He ran the ferris wheel on Steel Pier in Atlantic City where he met my Mom. So ferris wheels always make me think of the two of them and how much love they had for each other and their children. May 19 would have been their 66 wedding anniversary. This would have been the perfect card.
I love the little tickets we used as an embellishment. I was suppose to get a pdf file to print more but life got real busy after that class. The stamp is from Prickley Pear. They have some real neat stamps. I got another one that I haven't used yet but hope to soon.

Thanks for stopping,

3 comments:

Dawnll said...

What a wonderful card sweetie, at first I thought it was the Ferris wheel from the Summer cartridge.
What a wonderful memory to have

Susan (peebsmama) said...

The yellow makes a great sunset background to your silhouette image. The tickets are a perfect accent. What a nice story to go with your card.

Rose Ann said...

Very pretty!! I love the image and sweet story as well!!