Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Stamp Scrap and Doodle Satuday



It’s time for another Stamp Scrap and Doodle Challenge. This week we have a sketch for you to try. The sketch is by our own very talented Nicole. Our wonderful sponsor this week is Creations by Penny. The image I used is called Beach Umbrella and it is one of their digi stamps. The colors are from the ColourQ challenge #37. They are Ruby Red, Cameo Coral, Apricot Appeal, Always Artichoke and Vanilla. I love the way they look together. Arielle really comes up with some great color combos. I am getting hooked on her challenges.
I had fun with the sketch and changed it up a bit. I just had to use my flip flop stamp from Raisin Boat again. The sentiment is also from RB. I thought they went great with this image.
I just can’t seem to stop playing with my Gypsy. The card is a beach card and I have the Life is a Beach cartridge. When I saw this little crab I had to use him. Then I saw the turtle with enjoy and I just couldn’t help myself. I added wiggle eyes and Crystal effect to make Mr. Crab pop. The sandals are stamped on sand paper. The bottom two layers are embossed with CB folders. I colored the image with copic markers.
I think that is everything. If you have any questions just leave them in the comments. I love to read your comments.



I am at the cabin again this weekend for my father-in-laws 94th birthday. We drove both of my DH’s parents up to celebrate. His mother is 90. They are getting frail but still love life and the great outdoors. We are hoping to get the birthday boy in the boat again this year so he can do some fishing. Last year he caught a huge musky. You can see the pictures here.

I hope you are having a great weekend and join us this week at SSDS. I love seeing all of your creations.

Thanks for stopping,

2 comments:

Penny said...

Love this card! It's so cute!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a fun and summery card. I like your crab and turtle.