Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

SSDS Saturday Challenge

Happy Saturday! I am at the cabin for four day . Day one no internet. Day two It took all day to get the internet up and running. Oh, and 6 calls to the phone company. It has rained all day. Day three (that is today) clouds and cold. Oh well, I have internet and it is time for another
Stamp, Scrap, and Doodle challenge. This week our wonderful sponsor Sweet and Sassy and the challenge is go make a card with a pocket. I made my favorite double fold pocket card. I used one of their images called Thank you Turtle. I think he is so sweet. The colors are from the Color Q challenge this week. I thought they would be great for this little turtle. The colors this week are Sage Shadow, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron and Chocolate Chip. I used SU card stock in those colors and I thought they looked the same as Copic colors G21, YR16, and Y21. So those are the colors I used to color the turtle. I made the design on the card stock with a Versamark Mark pad and a stamp from Raisin Boat Designs. This is the stamp set I got last month. I haven’t sent it back. The set is called called Peace and Smiles. His little buckle is from Making Memories. The bottom border is a boarder die from Nestabilities. The tags were cut with my Cricut and are stamped using a thank you stamp set from CTMH and Hero Arts. I used a little Crystal Glass from CTMH on the center of the flower.

Pocket cards are fun to make and there are so many different kinds out there to try. I hope you will join us this week at SSDS. I am looking forward to seeing all of your wonderful creations.
Have a great weekend.

Thanks for stopping,


This card works for Just Us Girls Challenge which is to use a digi image which is what my turtle is.

10 comments:

Caryl P said...

What a fabulous card Linda! I love that little turtle, and the colors go so well with it. Glad you've got internet at the cabin, though it didnt' sound fun getting it! Only 6 more days of school for me (gotta keep them working) and I should probably get to my report cards, rather than procrastinating....

Lori said...

Great card, Linda! The colors are wonderful.

LeAnne said...

Linda, your card is cute (I can see it on the thumbnail, but your slide show is smack in the middle of it on your blog!). Glad you were able to finally get internet. Maybe God was telling you to "rest"!!!! :D

Arielle H Gordon said...

Linda you card is SO ADORABLE! I'm so glad you were able to play with us at the colourQ this week! You can call me on Monday - probably after lunch? Take care!

Renée said...

great card! love the double pocket!

LeAnne said...

Finally got to actually see your card--how cute, I haven't done one of these in a long time! FUN image!

AKiteFlier said...

Cutie patootie image - that turtle is adorable. Remember you must link DIRECTLY to your JUGS post - not just to your blog. Thanks for getting digi with JUGS this week.

Kathryn B said...

Very nice pocket card and your turtle is so cute!

Thanks for getting digi with Just Us Girls this week!

Andrea M said...

Linda - this is so darn adorable! Fab pocket card! Thanks for gettin' digi with Just Us Girls! We appreciate your support :)

Dana Gustafson said...

How stinkin cute! What a great turtle digi and all the dimensional layers to your scenic card. So cool! Thanks so much for getting digi with Just Us Girls and congrats on your recent retirement!