Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Cute Little Critter

It seems like forever since I could make a card for some fun challenges. I made the decision to buy the Create a Critter because of this little guy. When I was visiting my granddaughter her mom told me that groundhogs were going to me her favorite animal. I think it has to do with Mom and Dad spending a year in New Zealand the year before they got married. I think he is so cute.

I used the colors from Color Throwdown this week. They are Chocolate Chip, Blush Blossom, and Mellow Moss. When I looked at the samples everyone had beautiful flowers and very pretty cards, but I thought they were great colors for my little friend.
I used a Peachy Keen Everyday Character stamp for his face. I embossed the card and panel with a SU EF and a CG EF. The little flower is a sticker. That is the challenge at Pile it On. The sketch is CPS card sketch 172. The inside liner is punched with a Martha Stewart boarder punch. I used some SU chalk and a white jel pen. The thank you is a Raisin Boat stamp. I stamped it on paper punched with a SU punched called Curly Lable Punch. Another challenge this card fits is Caardvarks, which is stamp and embossing.
Let me know what you think. I loved making this little guy and if you don't have a Cricut or would just like some to put on cards I would be happy to make some for you.

Thanks for stopping,

11 comments:

Sylvia said...

What a cute critter! Love this card!

LeAnne said...

This little hedgie is so sweet! He has the cutest expression! You did a great job with the colors!

Wanda Cullen said...

Adorable card, Linda! Love your use of different textures and your use of the throwdown colors!

Katie said...

He is a very cute little Hedgehog and I love all your embossing!
Thanks for Piling It On this week :)

dpkennedy said...

That's just adorable! Love all the embossed panels too. Thanks for playing The Color Throwdown!

Rose Ann said...

This is just too cute, Linda!! I love that hedgie, and your texture is wonderful!! Love your pretty punched border as well!!

Nana said...

This is so very sweet and adorable.
Thank you for playing with us at "PIO"!
hugs Nana

Helen said...

Awww...cute card!
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
Helen x

Barbara said...

Fun card! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

Illy said...

ooh so cute!!!!!!!!
Thank you for joining us at Pile It On!

Unknown said...

Oh my, I just love it!