Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Graduation Gift Card and a bunch of Great Kids

Hi, I just had to leave a quick post to show you the neat gift cards I my the two wonderful High School Seniors that have been helping in my classroom this past semester. I got the idea from an episode over at Stamp TV.
I used kraft card stock and ran it through my cuttle bug and inked it. I cut the cap out on my Cricut and used a Jelly Roll pen to do the stitch marks.
Very Easy and the boys even said wow when they saw them.
They were the nice boys and so helpful. One was on the football team that won the State Championship this Fall. The children looked up to them like they were NFL stars. It was so cute.
The last picture is of them and the children holding their reading awards. I started a program 6 years ago in my class that I call Five A Day. Everyday each child goes home with 5 books to read. It has been very successful. My favorite thing is when I start hearing them tell each other they should read a book because it is really good. I am going to miss that. Anyway they recorded reading 9,800 books outside of school. Every year the number of books read has grown. I am so proud of all the children and their parents hard work.
Tomorrow is my last day. Wish me luck. I hope I don't start crying I won't be able to stop.
Thanks for stopping,

3 comments:

Dawnll said...

What a wonderful program, I love reading and so happy my children have always been readers from little on. Just think of how many doors you have opened for all these children.
Good Luck tomorrow, I will keep you in my thoughts.

Rose Ann said...

Your graduation gift cards turned out so wonderful, Linda!! I love the texture, your drawn stitches, and tassle!

What a sweet group of kids!

LeAnne said...

Aw, Linda, these are great----what a nice couple of boys they must be. I hope you have stopped crying by now---and if you haven't, that's okay too. There will be lots more opportunities for you to use your gifts of teaching and encouragement!!! What a wonderful legacy you have left behind, touching each & every one of those children's live!!! :D
Hugs,
LeAnne