Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

One of my favorite sites has a Challenge


My Creative Time with Emma has a weekly challenge called Throwback Thursday. I love this challenge because it is all about using older Cricut Cartridges. I have invested a lot in these cartridges because I love them and it is so nice to have someone encouraging me to use them. Thanks you Emma!
The challenge this week is to use Doodlecharms and make a two page layout. This cartridge has a years worth of images. I have a ton of school pictures to scrap. I got started with these picture of my very last class. I make one just about every year. I have pictures of student I had in first grade that are now 40. One came to my retirement party. Those pictures are yellow now. It is fun to make these scrapbooks but I am really behind.

For this page I used Doodlecharms and Mini Monograms (for the heading) Cricut Cartridges. The wheels have my new favorite product Viva Decor Pear Pens and Glitter Liner. I got them from Custom Crops and I love them. They came in the mail and I had to try them. They look like the pearl you peel and stick but it is in a tube. The only bad part is it has to dry. If you look you can see where I made an opps. I used Spica glitter pens to do the doodles. The DP is by Reminisce called Making the Grade First Grade.

The hardest part is taking the picture. I use my big clip and hung them on my planters outside to try and get them together. They will look better in the book.

If you haven't been to Emma's blog you check it out. She is wonderful.

Thanks for stopping,

9 comments:

Sandra said...

Linda, I really like the way this layout came out! Now if I can just catch up on my scrapbooking I would have school pictures to scrap!

sandra :)

My Creative Time said...

WOW, your 2-page layout came out just PERFECT my friend!! You have really out done yourself w/the colors & EVERYTHING!! Thank you soooo much for joining my throwback Thursday challenge!! hope to see you back here soon!;)
Big Gypsy Hugs,
Emma;)

DREAM CARDS said...

Hi Linda
I love your field trip layout.
You did a great job.

Patty

You're invited to visit my blog and sign up to my follower
http://www.dreamscardsbypatty.blogspot.com/

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a great page and a great memory.

Deanne Gutierrez said...

Nice layout - love the school layouts!

Deanne G

http://deannescraftingadventures.blogspot.com/

Rose Ann said...

What a great way to remember your classes, Linda!! Your pages look fantastic, and I love all of your cute accents!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Linda, I know I already commented on this project but I wanted to respond to your comment on my "family photos" post. You said that I look like my grandmother. That really made me look at the photos again. And you know... you are right. I do have some of the same features. I guess I never noticed because I only remember my grandmother when she was older and I certainly didn't look for any resemblences. I do know I got some of her attributes like being short (she was 4'10" I am 5'3") and being very large busted for our statures. But I never noticed that we have the same cheekbones and similar smiles. I really feel a stronger connection now.

Dorcas said...

Beautiful layout! Thanks so much for sharing!

~Dorcas
http://4craftyangels.blogspot.com/

liz at liz's paper loft said...

really cute! love the buses!