Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

ColourQ and Unscripted Sketches

This is the card I made for ColorQ Challenge 38. I really had a hard time getting my head around these colors but I am happy with the way the card turned out. I guess that is why it is called a challenge, and what motivates me.

I used Unscripted Sketches 61 for the layout of this card. I love their sketches and it seems like a long time since I had time to get to one of their challenges. They are have a special Christmas in July celebration starting July 1. They have a lot of fun thing planned.

The colors this week at ColourQ are Riding Hood Red, Pumpkin Pie, Kiwi Kiss and Bordering Blue. I didn't have any Kiwi Kiss. So I googled the color and I found out it was the same as Gina K's Green Apple which I did have. The only Riding Hood Red I had was ribbon. I made the little flower by gathering the ribbon and putting it in the center of a Pumpkin Pie 5-Petal Flower, which was ran through the cuttlebug in the dotted swiss folder. I used CTMH Crandberry ink to distress the flower. It is the closest color I have to RH Red. I added buttons and little pearl to the center. The leaves are cut with a CB die. The stamp is an old SU set that I got at a yard sale. I think it is so sweet. I cut the semtimen out with Nestabilities Labels Four. The base card was embossed with CB folder called Birds and Swirls. I used a MS boarder punch to make a pretty insert.

Well this week SU comes out with their new cataloge. I think I should offer to clean houses or weed gardens to earn the extra money I am going to need. There are 16 colors I don't have and would love to have. That's just the paper. EEK!!!
What's on your wish list?

Thanks for stopping,



10 comments:

Caryl P said...

Oooh, this is a beautiful card Linda! Great idea to make flowers of ribbons and I love that little bird house tucked away. So glad you joined Unscripted SKetches this week!

I know how you feel about the colors...I now have more retired inks than what will be current. EEEK! I guess I know where that extra summer school money will be going. :-)

Arielle H Gordon said...

OH NO - I hate that you missed the deadline, this card is GORGEOUS!!! I'll re-open the linky tomorrow & will add your card when I do!!!

Stef H said...

oh i have been so slack! how r u? hope all is well and i hope to see you at my new challenge blog starting on july 1st!!!!

i've had a terrible summer cold but that doesn't stop me - lol - except from getting all my visiting done - obviously!

love the card!

hugs :)

LeAnne said...

Woohoo! This is one awesome card....all the details make it one of the best I've seen you do! Love that embossing folder and your flowers are beautiful!

coldwaters2 said...

Linda this is absolutely gorgeous what beautiful colours and design I adore those flowers

Hugs
Lorraine x

Marcy said...

Just beautiful! I love the colors. Thanks for playing along with US this week.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

So pretty! Love your flowers.

Thoughts2Paper said...

Great take on the sketch love all the details and the spellbinders
Thanks for playing at unscripted

Alanna said...

This is so gorgeous Linda. Glad you found time to play with Unscripted this week.

SarahKaye said...

I just love the ribbon flowers and the lace detail inside. Very pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Unscripted and I hope to see more of your work!