Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Altered Trinket Box

Hi Everyone,
This is my first post as a LESSology DT. I am so excited. The challenge at LESSolog today is to alter a trinket box. Altering a box is one of my favorite things to do. 
I started with a 90 cent box that I got at Goodwill. I sanded, painted, and inked it.  Then added some designer paper.











Next I  added the embellishments. The lace is from my St Vinnie's lace haul. The image is from Graph 45 paper. "Dream" was cut with my cricut.

Now for a peek at the trinkets inside. I trimmed and stitched some felt to line the inside.

This was so much fun.
Here is a little video I made.



Our Sponsor is Market Street Stamps.


Market Street Stamps, LLC was founded in January 2010 with an excitement and growing need for stamps that were unique (no clip art here!), easy to use (they're clear, but stamp like buttah!), and durable. We use genuine trade-quality photopolymer that is guaranteed to stamp through thousands and thousands of impressions. Our goal is to provide crafters of all levels with fun images and coordinating supplies for any time of year! We provide same day shipping, speedy customer service, and inspiration from one heckuva design team (if we do say so, ourselves). You can find us here blogging daily, on Facebook, andTwitter, too! 


This is the prize you could win!


I sure hope I gave you some ideas and that you will join in on the challenge at LESSology. Link up your creations in LESSology Challenge #2: Altered Trinket Box.

Remember to do something you enjoy today.


 

14 comments:

Laura B said...

Love this! I love to alter things.:) Beautiful trinket box!

Unknown said...

Such a cute trinket box. I love altering little finds like that! Great job!

Danni said...

This is awesome! I'd never know where to start with something like that!! Great job!

Denise Price said...

This is a beautiful altered box, Linda! I didn't get a chance to do the altered book challenge, but I'm definitely planning to do this one.

Dawnll said...

Great job with this altered box! Love that adorable image and Dream word. Loving those beautiful pins you have inside.

Enfys said...

Hi Linda, wow what a great start to your new DT, this is just lovely, it has a real vintage look, and I love the beaded pins inside.
big hugs
En xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is sooooooooooo GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeee that Cosmo Cricket card you used on the top! :):):):):):):):):):):)

yyam said...

This looks awesome! Love that cute image! :)

Thanks for sharing the video!

Sharon said...

Linda I love what you have done with this box!! Great creation for you new DT position!!!!

Kate said...

This is a beautiful box Linda. Wonderful creation for your new DT post. Congrats again so happy for you.

Hugs,
Kate

Curt in Indy said...

Another beautiful creation. Don't you just love shopping for stuff like this at Goodwill? Congrats on your first "official" post for them. I know that they have to be thrilled to have you there! Great stuff! Best, Curt

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Linda this is terrific what a fantastic alteration the design, colours and that image are superb.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Sabrina said...

This is adorable Linda, what a great little box! I have an award for you on my blog!

Angi Barrs said...

Super gorgeous box. Love how you sanded and painted. Awesome job on your first LESSology project. :)