Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

A Smash Book

Hi, I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend. My weekend started with the best news. I made it on the LESSology design team.  Thank you so much to all of you who took the time to vote for me. They are having their very first challenge this week. The challenge is to alter an old board book or an old dictionary. Or make one from scratch. Be sure to check it out. 
I have been working all weekend on smash or grunge books. They are so much fun. 
I started with a 10 cent book from a garage sale.




This is how it ended up.




If you would like to see what is inside you will have to watch the video. There are a few surprises I know you will like.




Altering an old book is so much fun I hope you will join the challenge over at LESSology.


Thanks for stopping,
 

14 comments:

THERESA said...

Congrats on making the team, just knew you would, your work is stunning, as is with this book, love it!!!
lotsa luv

Kate said...

CONGRATULATION ON MAKING THE TEAM. So Happy for you. Your work is always so awesome.

Hugs,
Kate

Dawnll said...

So proud you made the team!
Love this smash book and all the sections,such a creative mind you have.
LOVE,LOVE the Packer
Go Pack!!!

Sharon said...

CONGRATULATIONS LINDA!!!!! I will look forward to seeing all your DT creations!! Love this altered notebook - you've done a great jb!

Unknown said...

What an amazing smash book!! I love it! I am so in love with using a journal for capturing my thoughts - I'm sure your friend will love what you made for her!!

Unknown said...

I also meant to say 'congratulations' about the DT position!! I know you must be so excited... I'm excited for you! :-)

Sabrina said...

Hi Linda! I am catching up on your blog finally, and I am so exicted for you and making the DT, congratulations! I look forward to seeing your creations. Awesome altered notebook, love it!

Denise Price said...

I just want to say congrats one more time on making the DT. I am so happy for you. :)

I will be sure to check out the new challenge! It looks like fun.

Sabrina said...

P.S. Your video is so great and all the goodies inside the journal are just amazing. You are so talented, how do you think up of all these great ideas! I learned a few things and need to probably watch your video again to make sure I remember! Hugs :)

Jane Wetzel said...

This is awesome Linda! Congrats to you and wow, I think this is my fav of your projects...maybe I said that before tho! lol I will FOR SURE be watching this video again so I can use some of the ideas! :)

VICTORIA said...

Wow Linda I love the smash book.

My Creative Time said...

CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW DT!! WOW, this is the very first smashbook I've seen & now I NEEEEED to make one!!! It probably won't be as nice as yours, but I'm going to try!! GREAT JOB my friend! I LOVE it!
Big Gypsy Hugs,
Emma;)

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant news on your new DT Linda so well deserved. I am in awe of your creativity with this wonderful project, I watched the video and was just amazed at the work you have put into this, this is truly wonderful I love it so much.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Angi Barrs said...

Yay...so happy to have you on the team!!!! Love your altered project too. :)