Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

CDAC Progressive Freebie Challenge

Hi, Have you checked out the Crafter's Digital Art Center's Progressive Challenge yet? It is so much fun. This time there are 5 free digital images and you have two weeks to do a project for one or all of the. Just do one project and you will get the next set of images. The images are back to school this week.  I don't think the project has to be back to school. 
I made a book mark with the image by Jens Digi Stamps.

The bookmark was cut with the Black Letter Cricut Cartridge and the clear packaging that comes around the CC boxes (the blister pack).



I got the idea to use the blister pack from Tammy Skinner at Creative Critters Cricut Club. She has so many wonderful ideas.
Here is a video of what I did.




I would like to also enter this in the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Me Monday #76 challenge. The challenge is Back to School and to use ABC' and 123's.  I am a big advocate of getting children to read. When I taught first grade I would send 5 books home every night with my students. At first the parents thought I was nuts but then they ended up thanking me. The books were not long and they were at the child's reading level.  It was a very successful program.


Have a wonderful day and be sure to do something you love.


Thanks for stopping,
 

7 comments:

Judy said...

Great idea! I love the bookmark. Thanks for sharing the video too:)

Shelby said...

Wonderful project Linda! I love how you used the acetate on the bookmark. Perfect idea. Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE

Shelby

Sara I. said...

Adorable bookmark! Thanks for playing along with the CDAC Progressive Challenge!
~hugs
Sara
CDAC Dream Team

Sabrina said...

What a great project and perfect for the Back to School Challenge at FCCB. I love that cute image.
Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB this week!
Sabrina

Kate said...

Wonderful Project Linda. It looks great.

Hugs
Kate

Angi Barrs said...

I teach reading and writing so I loooovvveeee this. :) :)

Kate said...

What a super bookmark - and SUCH a great way to make use of the packaging from your Cricut cartridge! How clever!
Thanks so much for playing along at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog!
Kate
Small Bits of Paper