Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Special Day for a Special man


Isn't this a great picture? This is my husband and his father. It was June 20 and John's 93 birthday. He caught this 38 inch muskie. My husband is holding it because after the long fight John needed a little bit of help and didn't want to risk letting it go before the picture. Being the wonderful son he is Gary sent it in to the news paper with the story. You can read it here. His parents called last night and side they both cried when they read it. Gary didn't tell them that he wrote a story and sent a picture to the paper. It's a great story to read if you have the time.

6 comments:

Caryl P said...

I've never been one for fishing, but that story makes it sound quite exciting! 6 flat tires...I would've gone home and never learned to fish. Thanks for sharing this story, and your FIL looks great--hope I look as good at 93.

cjjb said...

Gary did a great job on the story! Looks like he had a great weekend away. Tell him that Matt and I said hi.
Carrie

Holly Young said...

Oh how sweet Linda. I'll bet he had such fun wrangling that big guy in! Your husband is a keeper too for writing such a sweet story!

Stef H said...

way to go guys! woooo hoooo.

hugs,

Gary Lapotka said...

Very Sweet comments darling. They mean so much coming from you. I love you.

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, what a great photo and greater story! How wonderful! I am going to get my DH to read this!