Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

LESSology Challenge #10


It's time for Challenge #10 at LESSology. I am so excited. I l-o-v-e making flowers thanks to Sa Crafter and Julie Waters. They are the most amazing flowers makers.  
AND

We have a wonderful sponsor this week.


Blog - http://blog.vintagestreetmarket.com/

Prize: Prize Pack of Vintage Street Market Goodies




The hardest part for me was picking which flower I wanted to make for this challenge. In the spirit of LESSology I decide to make my flowers from egg cartons. 

First I cut apart the cells and trimmed them down.  I made one petal that I liked and traced around it on the inside of the cell. Then I cut it out.

Next I mixed Ceramcoat Pearl Finish Acrylic Paint and re-inkers to get the color that I wanted. I painted both sides and let them dry. Then I layered the flowers with hot glue and added a vintage button for a final touch.





And here you have my fun funky flowers.

I used my flowers on my receipt journal to keep track of what I sell and what I spend on my crafts.



Here is the video on how I made my flowers.


Now head over to LESSology and show us your flower power. I can't wait to see how your flowers bloom.




Thanks for stopping,
 

13 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow fantastic flowers Linda - very clever and they look so great!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeee this!! LOVING those flowers and what a FAB idea to track that info!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

jengd said...

These are great Linda- looking at them I'd never guess they were from an egg carton!! Beautiful ledger in the end!

Gale said...

GOJUS flowers sweetie! I need to make one of those journals so I can keep track of what I am eating. Super duper pretty dear.
Huggs,
Gale The Happy Stamper :)

LeAnne said...

SO cool! Who knew an egg carton could look so beautiful!!! Your creation is wonderful, too!

Angi Barrs said...

Love how you made these flowers. The colors are fabulous. :)

Dawnll said...

Such a creative flower! You are always amazing me with what you make. Thanks for always sharing

ike said...

The end result was AMAZING - I am going to give this a try :-) Lovely video too as usual Linda. Thank you xxxxxxx

Julie said...

I think i have died and gone to heaven!! where have i been that I didn't know about LESSology and Vintage market street... ahhhhh!!!! Like i said on your video last night! Love your flowers!! That pink one is amazing and I love how you used them on your journal!!
Julie

~amy~ said...

Awesome project...FAB blooms!!

kim.scrapper said...

Linda, these are gorgeous....I would be afraid to have a book that showed how much I spend on scrapbooking....lol Great job!

Jane Wetzel said...

brilliant Linda! LOVE these and this sponsor is awesome...better hop over to the challenge :)

Angi Barrs said...

Love how you made those flowers Linda. I must give this a try. :)