Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Over the weekend I got to play with some images for a challenge over at The Crafter's Cafe. This image is by Robyn's Fetish. The challenge is a Valentine's Day Card Recipe Challenge


The recipe is
1.  You may use ANY ROBYN'S FETISH VALENTINE IMAGE which Susan will send to you as a   FREEBIE.
2.  Your card must include these items:
      a.  1 ribbon
      b.  2 papers - these can include patterned paper, an embossed card stock ( like we make with an EMBOSSING FOLDER), and plain card stock, as long as there are at least 2 papers on the card.
      c.  The colors RED and WHITE in some way.  They can be in the image, the papers, the ribbon or the sentiment.  Additional colors are optional.
      d.  A VALENTINE SENTIMENT on the front of the card  - made by a stamp, hand written or computer generated.
      e.  3 HEARTS - they can be in the image, brads, on the ribbon, handmade, die cuts, on the paper, on the sentiment etc. but there must be 3 hearts somewhere on the card front.  
       f.  All entries are due by FEBRUARY 10, 2012

 So here is my card.

I colored this little cutie with Copic markers and I paper pieced the dress and heart. The flowers and bow are added. The flowers are from I AM Roses. The a white base is 4.25 X 5.5. Then a 4 X 5.25 red layer.  Next is a white piece that is 3.75 X 5 and the 5" side is punched with a MS punch. Then the image is backed with more read paper. The sentiment is on layer two and is from SP and Company. The little hearts are puffy stickers. The big heart has icicle stickles.  Her bows, shoes,  cuffs, and collar are red and sparkly with stickles but that doesn't show in the photo.

Why not check out the challenge. Susan will send you a free image and there is a prize!!! 

I hope you are having a crafty day! 

8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooooo cute cut cute!! I loveeeeee that image and how you have her holding flowers! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Kate said...

Okay I think this is my favorite card that you have made. Just So Adorable and I love what you did with the flower. Perfection and gorgeous.

Hugs my friend,
Kate

Sharon said...

Oh Linda this is just so gorgeous - perfect for Valentine's Day!!!

kim.scrapper said...

This is so cute Linda, tfs

Angi Barrs said...

Awww sooo sweet. Love the ponytails. :)

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Linda I love, love this little beauty, that image is a little darling I love how you have used the flowers, super, super card.
hugs
Lorraine x

June Houck said...

Great coloring and I love the border; perfect and frilly for the cute image and for a valentine :)

Sue from Oregon said...

This is just the cutest! Love the loopy edge-sets the tone for the whole card!