Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Color Throwdown and Three Clover Design


At the last SU class I attended I ordered an assorted pack of each of the color families so that I would have every color I need to do color challenges and have colors that went together. I punched a 1 1/2 circle of each color, wrote the name of the color on each and put them in an envelope. I think this will help me with learning the colors.
This card is for Color Throwdown #52. The colors are Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, and Perfect Plum. I also think this works for Three Clovers Design challenge #23. Their challenge was to use bling.
The stamps are from a SU set called Thoughts and Prayers. I cut three tags with my Cricut. The stamped image was done with a techniques that I learned at a Copic class. You color the stamp with your copic markers then sprayed the paper with colorless blender ink and stamp. I used Copic marker YG05, E37 and V17. The affect is a soft color. Next I attached plum colored flower rhinestones by Kaiser for the flowers. The ribbon is certainly celery and I used just a little SU DP on the tag. I am not sure the name of the DP paper. I really like this color combination. Let me know what you think.

6 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is lovely, Linda! I have this stamp but have only used the other image....I guess I need to practice using this one too! I was able to delete your other link, too! Thanks for playing with us! It's a beauty!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Adorable card! You did a beautiful job with these colors! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

Diane said...

Beautiful card.....love how you added the tag, so pretty!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh this is just quite beautiful the colours and that image are fabulous and the ribbon and tag just finish it off to perfection.

Hugs
Lorraine x

brenda said...

Gorgeous colour combo, one of my favourites and such a nice layout.

B x

Sarah said...

Very pretty Linda! That stamp is wonderful.