Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Flutter-by-Wednesday


This is the card I made for Danni’s Flutter-by-Wednesday. The challenge was to create a scene and also to use very little or no designer/patterned paper along with your butterfly or fairy. My first thought was how can I make something with out DP that looks like DP. Then I remembered a couple of techniques that were on Stamp TV that I wanted to try. One was to emboss with Nestabilities and the other was to make a sky background. You can watch Gina K show these techniques at Stamp TV. The stamps are Trendy Trees, Branch Out, and Happy Everything from SU. The inks I used are Bashful Blue, Pacific Point and Chocolate Chip also from SU. The pink was Memento Angel Pink. I used my Copic markers to color the grass. The ribbon is something I had. I used blue and pink because I thought this would make a nice card to give someone when they announced a baby on the way. The people I work with are two ages. The age to have a baby and the age to be a grandparent. I am sure someone will be getting this card during the school year.

7 comments:

Caryl P said...

This is beautiful! I love that scene you created, perfect to make someone smile.

Danni said...

This is so delicate, so pretty! what a wonderful job! Thanks for playing along with my challenge!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh this is one beautiful card I love your design and the techniques used that image is quite fabulous I love it.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Michelle said...

Great scene - such a prety card! So glad you were able to play along with the FBW challenge this week!!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Linda - I love your card, what a beautiful scene you have created! I have left you a little something on my Blog:
http://lovelylindascraftcentral.blogspot.com/
God bless you my friend! {{{hugs}}}

raindropecho said...

What a beautiful card! Love the softness of it. Great job :D
- Ann

Shelly said...

Your card is so beautiful. I like the soft pretty feel it has. Very outstanding!