Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Monchromatic at Hero Arts


I am trying a new challenge today it is for Hero Arts. The challenge is to make a monochromatic card using Hero Arts stamps. The stamps I used are from a set called, “Happy Hello.” I stamped the bird in four different SU pink colors; regal rose, pretty in pink, melon mambo, and rose red. Then I cut out the parts and paper pieced him together. I used Hero Arts silver embossing for the little part on his back. The flower background is from the same set which I stamped with mellon mambo. I cut the border with the Lyrical Letter Cricut cartridge. I attached the bird with dimensionals. Last I added Hero Arts 2mm Gemstones. Monochromatic is a challenge. My ‘Pile it On’ card was also monochromatic. Let me know what you think.

4 comments:

Stef H said...

it's pink! what's not to like! great job!

hugs,

Sarah said...

It is fabulous Linda! I love it.

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Linda - I finally made it across - you don't know how many times I have been coming and then had blogger problems - it seems to be fixed now! I have linked you to My Blog List, so will get any updates on my Blog - I am laughing now!! Love this card - monchromatic really works with pink - just gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing - your work is lovely - I will have to catch up on your blog as the day allows!! God bless you my friend! {{{hugs}}}

Caryl P said...

Love this card, pink was the perfect color choice! That bird reminds me of a Dr. Seuss character, is it Maisie that made Horton watch the egg? I can picture this bird flying off to the islands!