Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Cupcakes are Food, Right?

I made this card for Pot Luck Friday at Stamp TV. The challenge was to make a card with food. The base card is SU Real Red. The cherrie paper is Mary Engelbreit’s called Cherries on White. The stamp is from Gina K called 100% Sweet by Rupa Shevde. The little red cherries on top of the cupcakes are from Jenni Bowlin. They were in a circle like a flower and I broke them to make them up to make it look like cherries. They are the same ones I used on the poinsettia card the other day. The rick rack is by Wrigths. The green is from a DCWV pack called The Spring Stack. I colored the cupcakes with Copic markers and attached them with dimensionals. I cut the circles with a Creative Memories circle cutter and used a SU punch for the red behind the circle.The “Life is short” is punched with SU punches. On the inside I stamped, “Have a sweet birthday!” The layout is the sketch for Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #75. I am getting to these two challenges late. Where has this week gone?
Today is my fourth wedding anniversary. Happy anniversary Gary! If you are reading this.

4 comments:

Stef H said...

oh happy anniversary! and many more!!!!

fabulous card. love the papers, the images, the whole thing. and that rick rack is fabulous!

hugs,

Sarah said...

Too cute Linda! looks Yummy!

cjjb said...

here goes... This one goes out to Linda and Gary. I was able to celebrate with the happy couple at their reception. Here's to many more!

Happy anniversary, happy anniversary, happy anniversary HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! happy, happy, happy, happy, happy anniversary, happy, happy, happy, happy, happy anniversary. Happy anniversary, happy anniversary, happy anniversary HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

There!
Carrie :)

Caryl P said...

Love the card, and YES cupcakes are food. It's that food group that the teachers just don't tell you about!

Happy Anniversary!!!! Oh and to answer your question from way back when I did get married on a Sunday....that's what happens when he proposes in December and I want a summer wedding, and to be engaged for not more than a year. Bless my mother for putting all the pieces together!