Pages

Monday, May 18, 2009

Bad News, Good News


The bad news is that I am not feeling good today. I got bit by a black fly last night and I am allergic to them. They always bite by my eyes. I look like someone hit me. My eye is very swollen, itches, and is kinda blistered. Sometimes I get a fever when I get bit. This time I just have a headache.
The Good News...I had the nicest surprise today, which makes everything better. When I went to the mail there were two stamps from High Hopes. I called about a week ago to order an ant stamp. I was having trouble using the web sight and they were having phone trouble. Then I spoke to Tina. She was so sweet and said because I was a fan that she was just going to send it to me. Then she went and sent me two stamps. I was so excited that the headache couldn't stop me from making a card. Isn't it cute? When I was little my mom and I would sing the song High Hopes. It is about a little ant that tries to move a rubber tree plant. I got the move "Hole in the Head" last week and watched it with my hubby. That is the 1959 movie that the song comes from. He said he enjoyed watching the movie. I just think that is the greatest name for a rubber stamp store. I hope you like my card I am going to enter in two challenges. The one at High Hopes and Stamptacular.
The card is on kraft paper, I colored my High Hopes ant with copic markers, I cut circles and taped them around the back to make it look like a flower and I doodled the petals with a green jell pen and the edge of the card with a brown fine point marker. The ribbon at the bottom is something I had. I love the foot prints. They are from the little ant tracking mud in from the garden. I hope you like it as much as I do.

14 comments:

Liza said...

Gorgeous card, I love your new stamp and the ribbon is perfect. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

Liza x

Caryl P said...

This is a super fun card! Great idea to edge your oval with circles...I never would've known you did that, thought it was a scalloped oval. Hope you are feeling better soon, I dealt with some facial swelling last year and it is no walk in the park. Plus you can't really go anywhere!

Stef H said...

This is way too cute and I sure do remember the song! As a matter of fact, you just put it in my head for the rest of the day - LOL!

Sure hope that eye gets better. How awful to be bitten like that!

Hugs,

Skraptacular Designs said...

Hi Linda,

What a fantastic surprise! Hope your headache has subsided and you're back to being able to create pain free! GREAT card and I agree, that image is just so super cute!

Thanks for playing along with us this week! Hope you'll join us for some more challenge fun again soon!

Hugs,
Priscilla

Danni said...

Feel better!
Very cute card!

Sprytebyrd said...

Such a cute card and such a cute little ant!
Thanks so much for joining us at SSC this week! Hope to see you next week!
--x Dee

Joey said...

Hi Linda, oooh I do hope your eye will be ok. Your card is fabulous, and so wonderful of the owner of High Hopes to send you extra stamps. Thanks for joining us this week. Joey.x

Carly said...

Great card and that is the cutest image! Thanks for playing.

Kimmi said...

fab card. Great colours and the image is so cute! Sorry to hear you were bitten by a black fly. Hope you are better now and that you eye is more or less back to normal.

Kim x

Line said...

Such a cute card! Love the little ant!

Thanks for joining us at SSC this week!

Hugs, Line

Donna said...

What a really cute stamp Linda and it's colored so lovely too. Hope the swelling and itching goes away soon.
Thanks for joining us this week at SSC.
hugs
Donna

Nikki Schmaltz said...

So sorry for your "fly trouble", but so happy you got 2 new stamps. Very cute card. Thanks for joining our challenge

Unknown said...

Wonderful card Linda, and love the cute ant image.

Hope your eye is soon feeling better, my OH was bitten yesterday on the back of his hand, the tiniest little pinprick bite, but his hand is completely swollen up. Not sure what bit him, but I've never seen such a bad reaction to a bite from something here in the UK.

Thank you for joining the Stamptacular challenge.

Joanne x

Lacey Stephens said...

Great job! Glad you like your new stamps! I love your take on the doodling challenge. Thanks for playing along!
~Lacey
www.handstampedbylacey.typepad.com