Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Two Challenges


I made this card for Crafty Monkeys Challenge 25 “Lets get buggy!” I used the layout from Kerin Sylvester’s Thursday Sketch Challenge #15. I love the the sketch. It was easy to work with but it still took over an hour to come up with this card. I used Kraft for the base. The pattern paper is something I found in an old scrap folder. It is so pretty. I cut the two flowers with Nestabilities, and stamped Happy Birthday with Versa Mark. Then I used SU chalk to make it show up. I chalked the bottom flower to enhance the embossing. The green leaves were cut with Sizzlits Little Leaves from SU. The pink ribbon is form SU. The bee stamp is a CTMH stamp called Little Garden. The Happy Birthday was a CTMH set called Playful Flourishes. I colored the bee with glaze pens. I layered the flower and bee with dimensionals. So what do you think?

5 comments:

Stef H said...

Girlllll, this is beautiful!

Hugs,

Kerin said...

I love your card! Very nice take on the sketch, thanks so much for joining :)

Caryl P said...

This is such an awesome card. That background paper is the best--I thought you paper pieced it together.

Rachel B said...

I love the patchwork paper you used for your background, it really ties in all your colors together nicely!

Zoe said...

Hello Linda, I love the layout and I love bee on your card.
love
Zoe
xxxx