Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2009

A Copic Kind of Day



Hi, Wow did I have fun today. First I went to visit my mother in law and took her two plants. Then I went to a Copic Techniques class. The teacher's name was Kamila Younkman and she was fantastic. We made four beautiful cards. I started my day owning seven markers. I now have 19 copic markers. Yea!! As part of the taking the class we were given a 25% off coupon. I had to take advantage of that so I bought 12 markers and two Spica Twinkling like stars pens.
I'll post the cards I made tomorrow. The light isn't good right now and the pictures won't turn out.
The cards I am posting are two from last night.
The first card I made for a very dear friend who took me plant shopping after school on Friday. Then we went out for dinner and she insisted on treating me as a mother’s day gift. She is so thoughtful. Her favorite color is purple. I made her card using my Cricut Walk in My Garden cartridge. I put a little glitter on the flowers. I know she will like all the little flowers.
The second card was me just fooling around with the colors for Kristina’s challenge. I didn’t think the colors showed up to good so that is why I didn't use this card for her challenge. I like the way the white ink shows up on the brown card. I used mustard and rose gems on the stamped flowers, a few white flowers, and some white dotted ribbon that I had.
I really enjoyed making cards last night but it was almost 2:00 AM when I went to bed.

5 comments:

Stef H said...

WOW! These are fabulous! I love the wagon full of flowers and I like the simplicity of the other one. AND, I'm jealous about that 25% off Copics coupon! Not really. Good for you!!! I love my Copics. Now I need to get some refills.

Hugs,

LOUISE said...

Fab cards Lindal, love the both! Louise x

brenda said...

Two great cards, so different but love both.

Brenda x

brenda said...

Hello again, thanks for visiting me, I did post an answer to your question then realised was probably better to put it here !

"Hi Lindal, cut the scallop and leaves from Plantin Schoolbook and the flowers on Home Decor."

Brenda x

Caryl P said...

Love the cards. Can't wait to see what you made at your Copic class!
Happy Mother's Day!