Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Anniversary James and Carol Lynn!


I made this card for my evil stepson (he calls me his evil stepmother) and his very talented wife. She makes the coolest skirts, bags and books. Check it out at http://www.recreatedesigns.com/. It was their second wedding anniversary today. I feel so bad that I am sending this late. :( Their wedding was at a lake and the bride came across the lake in a canoe. It was a wonderful wedding. Their first date was at the same state park where the wedding took place. Their first date and the wedding were on the Summer Solstice. That should make it easy to remember. Well I remember but not early enough to get a card out on time.
After checking out the challenges I notice that this card would work for the challenge at Our Creative Corner. The challenge is to used stars.
The silhouette stamp is from the Stamp TV Eclectic Summer. The sentiment and star stamps are from SU. I chalked the background and embossed the stars in the sky with white embossing powder. The stars on the ribbon were cut using a Quickutz die. The ribbon is from A Muse. I hope they like it and can forgive me for sending it late.

4 comments:

Stef H said...

oh linda! this is gorgeous. i just love that silhouette! it's awesome.

hugs,

Alanna said...

Gorgeous card Linda. I love that stamp. Perfect for an anniversary card.

Caryl P said...

This is such a sweet card, I love that silhouette. The stars on your ribbon and also on the background are beuatiful!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Linda - I have found my way to your GREAT BLOG and am now following!! This is a great card - I love that image and all that you have done with it - you are very talented my new friend!! I will be back!! God bless you!!