Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2009

STV Sketch 17 and KW Color Challenge 55


I made this card for two challenges. The layout is for Stamp TV’s sketch challenge. The colors are for KWerner Design Color Inspiration Challenge #55 I always have a hard time with the color challenges because I am not sure if I have the right colors.
The colors were basic gray, rust, mustard and vanilla/cream. The butterfly stamp and sentiment is from my Stamp TV Eclectic Summer. The paper is SU DP. The rust card stock is from SU. The butterfly is embossed with Zing mustard embossing powder. The ribbon is from Making Memories. I love the layout but I am not so sure I like how I used the colors. Let me know what you think.

9 comments:

Stef H said...

oh this is beautiful. the colors are nicely muted & soft. great job.

hugs,

Caryl P said...

I think your card came out wonderfully! I love that butterfly--it seems to be coming off the front as if to fly away. Great outdoor pic!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Very Pretty!! :)

Caryl P said...

I left you a little something on my blog....

Britta Swiderski said...

I love the butterfly! You did a wonderful job using the colors. Good job!

Winter said...

So pretty! I love the butterfly!

Karen said...

Beautiful photography! Just love your butterfly and you worked well with both the sketch and the colors! :>

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love your butterfly and your stamping on twill. Great job with the color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Traveling Mama said...

This is so sweet! I love those butterflies!