Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Stampin for the Weekend


The challenge for Stampin for the Weekend is to make a pocket card. I needed to make a wedding card for an up coming wedding. Since I would probably be writing a check I thought why not make a pocket card for the check. I decided I needed to make a practice one first. That is the pink and green one. I used DCWV The Spring Stack for the printed paper, green card stock for the accent which I cut with my Fiskars punch and my square Nestabilities. I also used my Scor-pal to score the folds. I am so happy I bought the Scor-pal. I really use it a lot. The stamp is A Muse and I colored the bride with a Spica “Twinkling like a stars,” pen. Then I tied it shut with some shear pink and white ribbon.
The second card I made with paper I bought specifically for this wedding card. It is Basic Gray porcelain with a matching green card stock. I used the same stamp from A Muse, and colored it with the same pen. I punched it with a different Fiskars punch that I thought went better with the paper. I tied it closed with a shear ribbon that has a gold sheen. Now I am not sure which one I like better. I am happy with the way they both turned out. What do you think?

I was just checking out some more challenges and this card works for A Spoonfull of Sugar Challenge.

15 comments:

Stef H said...

write the check, sign it, and you can put it in either one of these beauties and send it my way - LOL.

gorgeous!

hugs,

Danni said...

Very nice!! Great job!

crafty amy said...

Oh Wow these are stunning great idea to give as a wedding gift and perfect in both colour schemes. Also your colouring is great just enough without being too much.
Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

X Amy X

Nancy said...

These pocket cards are gorgeous:O) Love your papers, and the colour schemes. Great for a wedding gift.
Thanks for joining us at SFTW this week. Good luck!
Nancy;O)

Pop's Cards said...

These are so elegant and perfect, i love them both i dont think i could pick a favorite, perfect for a wedding gift...

Thanks for joining us at SFTW, good luck hugs pops x x

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful! I love them both. The papers are gorgeous and the image is so cute. I love the ribbons.

Thank you for joining us at SFTW and good luck, we hope you'll join us again next week. :)
Vanja

Nicola said...

Wowza these are gorgeous Linda. Your papers are fabulous and your images so cute - your beautiful bows are a perfect finishing touch.
Thank you for joining us at "Stampin´for the Weekend" and we hope you will play along with us again for yet more fun.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Patricia Garcia said...

Very elegant cards, they are perfect for weddings!

Caryl P said...

Both are beautiful! I'm partial to the second as a wedding card and the first could be for a shower--I have one coming up and may copy you!

Vicki said...

oooohhhhh gosh how stunning are your wallet wedding cards, beautifully designed and a gorgeous choice of papers too, love the wedding couple image. I've been thinking about treating myself to a Scor-Pal but I've quite a few other score boards so not sure what to do, I've read both good and not so good reports about them, so I'm still undecided. Thank you so much for taking part with this weeks challenge over at SFTW, good luck xx vicki xx

Kimmi said...

These are fabulous. Your design of them is fabulous and I love the inside. The lucky couple will treasure there pocket card for a long time! I just hope they dont do what our friends did and leave a load of cheques in an envelope which (when they were on honeymoon) was chucked out with the recycling by one of the parents who thought tidying for them while they were away was a good thing. I think they lost about £400 in cheques. :o(

Anyways, I'm sure the happy couple who receive this wont leave it lying around as its too beautiful to chuck out!

Thank you for joining us this week at "Stampin' for the Weekend". We hope you had fun making your project card and that we see you for many more challenges in the future!

Kimmi

Donna said...

Two lovely wallet cards Linda, and really a good idea to make a template for any future ones you might make. The papers are lovely for the wedding one, and what a lucky couple they are to receive such a beautiful wallet card.
Thank you for participating in the "Stampin' for the Weekend" challenge this week.. Good luck and we hope you'll continue to join in on the challenges on a weekly basis. Have a wonderful day.
Donna xx

CraftyC said...

These are gorgeous Linda. I love the paper and lace border on the second wallet, gorgeous creations. Thanks for taking part in this weeks SFTW
Clairex

Jen said...

I can't decide between these cards they are both beautiful. I love your use of the Fiskars punches and Nesties. Gorgeous work.
Thanks for joining the SFTW challenge again this week.
Hugs
Jen x

Ida / Little said...

Did my comment go through? Hmm, if not the pocket cards look gorgeous, love the colors and edge borders you have used! :) Thanks for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend this week and hope to see you again on Friday for our next challenge!! :)

Hugs Ida