Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Unscripted Sketches and Stamptacular Sunday


I made this card for two challenges. The layout is for Unscripted Sketches. Stamptacular Sunday challenge was called “Party Animal.” I love the layout it was easy to work with. They really have great sketches to work from. Check it out and get some great ideas. When I read “party animal” I thought of my ant stamp from High Hopes, but he had a potted plant in his hands. I had downloaded a free digital birthday cake from Bee Crafty and thought it would work perfect. I colored it with Copic markers and cut it out. Then I colored and cut out the ant. They fit together perfectly. Then I glued him to some yellow check paper from my scrap box. The rest of the paper also came from my scrap box. The brads are from SU called ‘Build a Brad.” I used stickers “H,” “B,” “D,” for Happy Birthday Day. I am going to a SU workshop tomorrow and I need to get a punch that matches the Build a Brad. They are fun to use and I think a punch the right size is a must have.
Please leave a comment and let me know what you think. Thanks!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

How adorable is this?! My gosh, just too cute! Love the ant! Great take on this weeks sketch. Thanks for joining us again! :)

Bamabel said...

This is just sooo cute!! Love that stamped image! Thanks for joining US this week!

Aymee

Caryl P said...

Awesome card Linda!!! I love the bold colors and never would've guessed that the ant wasn't holding a cake in the first place. So glad you could be Unscripted again this week!!!

Stef H said...

what a great idea with the cake and the card is fantastic!

hugs,

Patricia Garcia said...

Adorable card the ant is too cute, great coloring too!

Sarah said...

Lindal this is just sooo Fabulous..I just love it. This sketch was so much fun and easy to work with...you took it and RAN!!!!

Sarah said...

(Sorry about the L after Linda...my fingers get carried away LOL)

Line said...

This is just awesome! Love the funky papers you've used and the image is just so sweet! What a great idea to place the cake in it's hands instead. Love the little buttons too!

Thanks for joining us at SSC this week!

Hugs, Line

Sprytebyrd said...

So cute! Love the colors and papers and layout! The image is adorable! I, too, love the build-a-brad! Great job!
Thanks so much for joining us at SSC this week!
Dee

Anonymous said...

oh how cute is that image. Tank you fr taking part at ssc

Joey said...

Hi Linda

fantastic card this image is gorgeous, love the bold colours

thanks for joining us this week

Joey.x

Skraptacular Designs said...

Hi Lindal,

I love the super bright colors you used for this card! Such a cheery card perfect for any party!

Your link worked perfectly! Glad it finally cooperated for you!

Thanks for playing along with us at Stamptacular this week! Hope you can join us again soon for some more challenge fun!

Hugs,
Priscilla

Paula said...

What an adorable card, love the ant image you chose! The colors are just fantastic!

I'm so glad you could join us this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!

Plesantly,

Paula

Liza said...

Such a cute card and I love the bright colours. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

Liza x

Anonymous said...

Great card ;0)

Thabks for joining us!

Janneke X

Unknown said...

Fantastic card Linal, love the image and the bright colours you've used.

Thanks for joining us this week over on SSC.

Joanne x

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.