Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Stamp TV 3D June




This is another entry for Stamp TV monthly 3D challenge. I keep thinking of more projects I can make. This is a container full of 3” X 3 1/2” birthday cards. These will be the cards I will give my students on their birthday. I used the same Viactiv container but a smaller one this time. I covered it with free digital paper from Stamp TV. All you have to do is click “Freebies,” select what you want, download and print. It is easy and fun. I cut the tag with my Cricut. I tied ribbon that I could curl around the container and tag. I stamped the cupcake, candle, and sentient from Gina K’s 100% Sweet stamp set. The cup cake and candle were stamped on white card stock. I cut them out and glued them to the tag. That took some time. I didn’t want to cut 18 cupcakes so I used Gina K’s Pure Luxury 120lb. card stock for the cards. That way I could color with Copic markers and not have it bleed through. I cut and stamped 18 cards. First I stamped the cup cake, then the candle, last the sentiment. I used a SU Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the sentiment. That is a very useful tool. I used Stinkling like a Star clear Spica pen to add sparkle on the icing. I colored three cards so far. I am saving the rest to take with me when we go to the cabin again so that I have something to keep me busy if the weather is bad and I don’t want to fish. I am going to love having these little cards ready to write a special message in for each child on his/her special day.

4 comments:

Caryl P said...

These are so cute Linda, and the kids will love them. Since it's my first day of vacation I'm heading to the basement to stamp...maybe cards for next year's kids!!!

Stef H said...

can i come sit in your class for a semester? will i get a birthday card too??????? these are absolutely fabulous! and i love the viactiv container. makes me think.....

hugs,

cjjb said...

Remember to make an extra one for me! This is an AWESOME project. I may just have to do something similar - thank goodness I don't have as many kids next year than I did this year! Have fun at your class tomorrow!
Carrie

Anne said...

Fabulous project and I love those cupcake cards :)